VOLUNTEERING AT GREAT STRIDES LI
It is confirmed! The Great Strides LI team is the BEST team there is! Our therapeutic riding program is one of the most enduring on Long Island. Our riders come back week after week, year after year. Our volunteers help out all year long, during the day and in the evening, rain, snow, or shine, throughout each season of the year! So yes, if you are interested in helping out we need you!
The success of Great Strides is directly impacted by the number of volunteers willing to give of their time. Great Strides utilizes volunteers to help with a variety of tasks such as:
• leading and side walking for therapeutic lessons
• grooming and tacking horses in preparation for lessons
• administrative, clerical duties, and general office support
• assistance with special event organization, planning, and set up
• periodic barn and office cleanup
• tack room organization and equipment maintenance
• grant writing
• special skills such as photography, computer skills, web design
• we also need help in providing frequent updates for Facebook and our website!
OTHER PERIODIC RANCH CHORES
Volunteer hours are not only used for therapeutic lesson times. We periodically do intermittent necessary chores. All volunteers must be willing to participate in any of the tasks listed below.
✓ Office space cleanup
✓ Tack room organization
✓ Ranch greeters
✓ Horse supply inventory taking
✓ Cleaning of tack equipment
LEADERS AND SIDE WALKERS
Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age and volunteer for a period of no less than 2 hours a week. Minors must have the forms signed by a parent or guardian. All volunteers must also read and comply with the rules and guidelines within the Volunteer Manual. While no experience is necessary, the ability to follow directions, take instruction, stay focused and maintain a positive attitude is required.
If you are interested in volunteering we would love to have you!
Please send an email to:
Claire at email@example.com
You can also call or text 631-680-9222 to express your interest and learn more!